- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, Juice drained
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 1 egg
- Old Bay seasoning, to taste
- Italian bread crumbs and/or Ritz cracker crumbs
- freshly ground pepper
- Bottled hickory smoked BBQ sauce (or your favorite kind)
- Wash hands with soap (because it is raw meat) (hint: when using raw meat wash hands CONSTANTLY)
- In large mixing bowl, stir together by hand the ground chicken, 14 ounces of pineapple (drained) , the egg, and old bay seasoning (about 1 tsp). Add Italian crumbs until the mixture is sticking together well. Some cracker crumbs could be used to prevent the mixture from becoming too spicy.
- Spray two 9x13 baking dishes with cooking spray. Shape the meatballs into about 2 dozen meatballs about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Space half of the meatballs apart in each dish. Cover the top of meatball with about a tablespoonful of BBQ sauce.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the chicken reaches 160-170 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- If made in advance, more BBQ sauce and/or pineapple may be added when reheating.
Hint: It is easiest to have a Meat Thermometer on hand
These ingredients are very delicious on pizza...Just say that you want...BBQ, Chicken, Pineapple