"Direct my footsteps according to your word..." ~ Psalm 119:133
"He will not let you foot slip..." ~ Psalm 121:3
There are not many things more beautiful in this world than children's feet. And, at the risk of sounding kinda odd, when I look at the feet of my parents, I am touched by where those feet have been and how those feet have impacted my life.
Pictures or imprints of feet have a perfect place in our albums. They represent a future and a promise. They prove God's amazing creative works. They are what take us down the path He has for us.
I challenge you to make a "Beautiful Feet Page" in your album. Although it may not be a 'typical' page, think of the words, stories and prayers of legacy you could leave. Then, e-mail me your "Beautiful Feet Page" so I can share them in an upcoming album on this site.
- Use one of the scriptures listed above as a border around a picture or collage
- Include a prayer for where you pray your loved one's feet will take them in the future
- Journal your praises for where the feet have been: include the actions as well as the places (mission trips, college, supporting and raising a family, sports achievements, ministries, etc)
- Do you have special memories / feelings about your loved one's feet? (Story time, kicking a football in the back yard, reminding you of the miracle of life, etc)
- If your loved one is insecure about their feet / toes you can place a wide ribbon or make a card to place over their toes (write a scripture on it, their name, or a special saying)
- If you don't have / are unable to get a picture of the feet, make them through stickers, tracing, die-cuts or clip art, then use the suggestions above to complete the page
- Instead of a picture, make an imprint on a piece of paper with an ink pad
- Create a page using these prompts for any special shoes (first pair, athletic goals, special days or meetings). Go to the shoe rack and take pictures of the shoes owned by your family and journal special moments or thoughts about each pair.
- Create a mini-album for a child about the parts of our body and how each of those parts was created for a special purpose and how they can serve God
- Create a page about sitting at Christ's Feet ~ journal when you feel closest to Him, do you sit at His feet for wisdom, guidance, strength or peace?
- Challenge your scrapping group, family members or friends to make a "Beautiful Feet Page" and then share them the next time you get together.
- And, next time you look at your feet, give them a little pat for all they have been in your life ~ even if you do need a pedicure :~)
- If you can't make the page today, just file the thoughts, imprint, or picture away with all those Precious Papers, and make some Journey Jots to be used later. And, remember, It is OK to be out of order!
**I found this precious image at AllPosters.com